Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We are everywhere....mwahahahaha!

I have had several social worker and psychology friends mention they would give my blog to their patients as a resource. It makes me feel like I need to be less silly but that is who I am so I guess it will have to stay. Silly or not Bipolar is a serious disease. It can ruin friendships, destroy marriages, drain bank accounts, end in suicide.....it is a big deal. But it is so important for you to know you are not alone. There are all kinds of us from all walks of life struggling with this disease to some degree.
 If you are newly diagnosed or are looking for support I encourage you to look up your local DBSA group. There is one Tuesday night at the Regional Medical Center and one Thursday night at the Riverton library. I have attended both and love the people dearly. Some nights we laugh for the entire two hours, other nights some shed tears.
 I just don't want anyone to feel alone out there. Most of my family didn't know about my situation till I started this blog, so I understand being afraid to be open about it. All I know is I feel relieved and if someone can't deal with it they aren't worth having around. I think once people realize bipolar people can love normal happy lives, they are understanding.

No comments: