Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"It is all in your head"

Well, I guess in a way it is. Your brain is in your head and it is not functioning properly. I had a friend post someone close to them was told they didn't need meds because "it was in their head".
I am a healthy person. I like to eat healthy, I exercise and the thought of taking pills for the rest of my life was quite unappealing. But, the key to controlling Bipolar is definitely taking your medications whatever they may be. Would you tell a person with diabetes not to take their insulin?
 Exercising and eating nutritiously can benefit those of us with AND without bipolar but it won't make it go away. Not in any study I have read. 
I will post more on meds, nutrition and exercise when I have more time. Thanks for the comment. I am starting to feel less exposed and more supported through this blog. I think it will be a good thing. Thanks everyone!

No comments: