Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Safety First

Lately I have read a great deal regarding teens/adults stealing medication. I am sure learning someone has a certain illness or chronic pain is motivating. This includes someone with Bipolar. Even more so with someone who is totally open about it, such as myself. 
While I have always kept my meds up and out of reach of my children, I realize now it would be wise to get something in which to lock them away. It will be a pain to have to open it daily, but well worth it. I don't want the temptation to lure someone into my home or to tempt someone curious or struggling with an addiction. 
So, if you have a prescription of any sort really, be sure to tuck it safely away and out of reach. Furthermore, taking the precaution not to tell people you are taking pain/ADHD/mood stabilizing medications at all would be smart. I have already crossed that line by telling the world I have an illness requiring medication which is why I am putting them on lock down. 

No comments: