Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to school I go.

Well it's that time of year again. Back to school!! For me, that also means back to work. I absolutely love my summer's off, but I also love my job and look forward to another fantastic year. I like the routine into which I fall once that first bell rings. I don't mind change, in fact I get bored if things stay the same for long, but knowing I have to be somewhere at a certain time forces me to get out of bed no matter how few hours of sleep I receive or how crappy I feel that day. Additionally, being around students all day provides endless joy and laughter. Kids are freaking hilarious! Of course there are those moments I want to pull my hair out, but those moments are few and far between.
To reiterate, I LOVE MY JOB! Sometimes I feel guilty for working and not being home with my kids all day, but I think guilt comes with being a Mother. The things I glean from working in education benefit my kids more than dropping them off at preschool (although I really miss doing that). I have never felt that being bipolar has disrupted my job performance or my relationships with students or coworkers. If I felt I weren't able to provide my best work I would quit. This post is to provide assurance that those who live bipolar lives are just as competent as everyone else. :)

1 comment:

Mike Bollinger said...

I can attest to that, Leesa is amazing at any job she has ever done, and has received noting but praise an her jobs.